Micro Groups Overview
Follow this guide to help establish intentional spiritual relationships within your Branch Group.
To encourage growth in Christlikeness through mutual support and accountability.
Three to five individuals of the same gender meet together at least monthly to pray, share, and encourage one another with the gospel. Each meeting will include three main components.
Pray for ongoing spiritual and physical needs in each others’ lives. Pray for your Pray - Invest - Invite contacts by name.
Read aloud a portion of God's word together. Preselecting a passage and reading
individually beforehand is encouraged. Discuss the passage using these questions:
- What did you discover or learn about God in this passage?
- What have you learned about yourself from this passage?
- What do you need to change?
- What specific step of obedience will you take?
- How can we help one another pursue these actions?
Repentance and Belief
Use the following questions to help one another discover sins in need of repentance. Confess these sins to God aloud with one another (James 5:16). Encourage one another with the truths of the forgiveness and power for living rightly through the gospel.
- How is connecting to Christ difficult?
- How have you missed opportunities to reach your world with Christ?
- How have you wasted time?
- What relationships are broken? How are you demonstrating God's love by pursuing reconciliation?
- What is God trying to teach you? Are you responding with joyful obedience, grumbling duty, or ignoring Him?
- How have you battled temptation and how will you battle it this week?
- __________________________? (Personalized Question)
- 5-10 minutes: Catch up on life.
- 2-3 minutes: Pray for the Spirit’s help in encouraging each other to be more like Jesus.
- 10 +/- minutes: Ask - Are there any spiritual issues that need dealt with right away?
- 20 minutes: Engage with the Bible - Read aloud the passage at least once. Use the Bible Engagement Questions to facilitate discussion.
- 10-20 minutes: If there were no items of repentance brought out in the Bible Engagement time, review the repentance questions. You don’t need to have each person answer all of them but each person should confess something.
- 10-20 minutes: Pray - Focus especially on spiritual matters discussed that day and individuals Pray-Invest-Invite contacts.